Saturday, October 15, 2005

Deadly bird flu strain confirmed in Europe


Movie director: "Next!"

Hopes that the deadly strain of avian flu had not yet reached Europe were dashed Saturday after tests from Turkey and Romania proved positive. Europe bolstered its defenses against bird flu Friday after the lethal Asian strain of the virus was confirmed in Turkey, and then later Romania, raising further fears of a potential pandemic throughout the European mainland.

More: Deutsche Welle

- Cartoon by Plantu for Le Monde (Paris)

1 Comments:

At 10:30 pm, Blogger web_loafer said...

You have a very good blog. It is so refreshing to come across an European Blog that is more than a hate George W. Bush blog. I am praying that the avian flu can be stopped in it's tracks, before it tramatises Europe. My family tree only goes back so far in America, then it is all Europe. It hurts sometimes to see all the hatred for the one we choose as president over here. He is our president, he is also hated by the media, hollywood, and Ted Kennedy, but those are pretty good recommendations. Most Americans get their news from Drudgereport.com, or other internet blogs, and of course radio. We laugh at the media, they cannot hide their shallowness.
Whoops, just like me to ramble on. Once again, I sure like your blog....I think I'll blogroll it. We probably don't agree on much, but I can learn a lot from your blog. I'll be back. Oh I forgot, while BE is trying out the new feature, rent my blog, I am asking you to rent mine. I'll do the same for you.
If you cannot do it, I'll still visit here when I can.

Wishing there was some magic word to make all of the hate in the world disappear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home